Georgia Lyall

Georgia Lyall: Death of Perth Mum and Former Rebels Bikie Nominee Luke Noormets

Perth, Australia – A heartbreaking tragedy unfolded in South Guildford, Perth, as a young boy was left orphaned after a suspected murder-suicide involving his parents. Georgia Lyall, a 32-year-old mother, tragically lost her life when she was shot in the head at her home on Thursday at around 10:40 a.m. The suspected perpetrator was identified as her ex-partner, Luke Noormets, 33, a former Rebels bikie nominee.

The Horrific Sequence of Events

Following the shooting, at 11:30 a.m., police discovered Luke Noormets’ lifeless body inside a burnt-out unit in Innaloo. The devastating incident has left the community in shock and mourning. A close friend, Emma Taylor, set up a GoFundMe page to help support the young boy who has been left without any parents.

In her heartfelt message on the GoFundMe page, Emma Taylor described Georgia as a beautiful, powerful, intelligent, and loving mother, daughter, sister, and friend. The tragedy unfolded as Luke, the father of their son, allegedly murdered Georgia before taking his own life, leaving their five-year-old child as an orphan.

Heartfelt Tributes Pour In

Friends and loved ones have been expressing their grief and paying tribute to Georgia Lyall. Sarah Bell, a friend of the slain mother, shared her emotions on Facebook, saying that Georgia deserved so much more than this tragic fate. Their friendship was precious, and their boys were like two peas in a pod. She praised Georgia for working hard to give her baby a life full of love and beautiful memories.

Police Investigation and Previous History

During a press conference, Detective Inspector Dave Gorton from the major crime division revealed that police quickly linked the two properties by analyzing telephone records. As the investigation continues, they are looking into the possibility that the case may be a murder-suicide. Noormets was known to police and had a history of criminal activity.

In 2019, he was sentenced to seven years in jail for a horrific crime that involved cold-blooded torture. He had lured a drug dealer to an address in Ashfield in 2017, violently attacked him, and then took him to a warehouse in Bayswater where he tortured him for 13 hours. The victim was beaten, waterboarded, and set on fire.

Despite his criminal history, Noormets had applied for bail at the time, claiming that he was no longer involved with the Rebels and needed to be home to support his partner who was expecting a child. However, the application was denied.

The community is now left grappling with the immense tragedy of Georgia Lyall’s senseless death and the devastating loss for her young son. The investigation into the circumstances surrounding these deaths continues, as friends, family, and the wider community come together to mourn the loss of a beloved individual and seek comfort in each other’s support during this difficult time.

Similar Posts